May 1, 2013
The Hospice Care Model
A Summary of the Hospice Care Model
- Interdisciplinary team approach.
- Support for the patient, family and caregiver.
- Services are not defined by a place they are available wherever the patient is living.
What Does Hospice Offer?
- Care focused on social, emotional, mental and spiritual support.
- Medical equipment, supplies and related medications.
- Bereavement counseling for children and adults.
Who Is Eligible for Care?
- Individuals (adults and children):
- Referred by a physician.
- Desiring care focused on pain control and symptom management.
- Having an illness with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Desired Outcomes for Every Patient
- Self-determined life closure.
- Safe and comfortable dying.
- Effective grieving for survivors
How Do You Explore Hospice?
- HPCG’s referral center is staffed with specialists that are waiting to talk to you.
- Visit us online at www.hospicegso.org.
- Call us at 336.624.7575.